This recipe is intended for an 18” paella pan, which can be used both stove-top and in the oven. If you don’t have a paella pan, the stove-top cooking can be done in a large frying pan, with the food then transferred to a large casserole for baking.
Our Seafood-only kit provides
1 lb Tiger Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
2 lb Manila Clams
2 lb PEI Mussels
1 lb Dry Scallops
1 lb Bay Shrimp
Our PLUS kit also provides
2 TB Paella Seasoning Blend
3 Cans Fish Stock
3 cups Paella Rice
You need to provide:
6 clv Garlic - minced
2 TB Minced Parsley - minced
1 Onion - chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper – chopped
1 Medium Tomato - chopped
8 TB Extra-virgin Olive Oil
• In a mortar, mash the garlic, parsley, and ¼ teaspoon salt to a paste.
• Preheat oven to 400° F.
• Heat fish broth in a saucepan.
• Heat 6 TB olive oil in the paella pan over medium heat. Straddle over two burners if necessary. Add the scallops and bay shrimp, and chorizo if used. Cook for 2 minutes and remove to a warm platter.
• Add the remaining 2 TB olive oil to the pan. Sauté onion and bell pepper, cook for 2 minutes, then add tomato and cook for another minutes until vegetables are soft.
• Stir in the Arborio Rice and the 2 TB spice blend and stir until the rice is coated with the spices, and cook for another minute.
• Add the hot broth and the garlic/parsley paste, and bring to a boil. Add the scallops, bay shrimp, and chorizo or peas (if used). Continue to cook on the stove top, rotating the pan if necessary, until the rice is no longer soupy (about 15 minutes).
• Arrange the clams, mussels and shrimp over the rice, and move to the oven. Cook uncovered for 12 minutes, until rice is cooked.
• Once done, remove from the oven, cover with foil, let sit for 5 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.