Blackened Salmon and Rice
cups instant rice
teaspoon cayenne pepper
teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoons kosher salt
tablespoons unsalted butter
1 lemon used for juice
6-ounce scottish salmon fillets, skinned
9-ounce can corn kernels, drained
cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the paprika, cayenne, thyme, garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon of the salt.
3. In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt 2 ½ tablespoons of the butter. Add the lemon juice.
4. Working with 1 salmon fillet at a time, dip the top and bottom halves first in the lemon butter, then in the spices.
5. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon until blackened, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the oven for 8 minutes.
6. Stir the corn, parsley, and remaining salt and butter into the rice. Transfer the salmon and rice to individual plates and serve with the lemon wedges.