Trout and wild rice
cup wild and long-grain rice blend
cup pecan halves
small head radicchio, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
butterflied trout fillets (about 1 pounds)
tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
2. Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing once, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then roughly chop.
3. Cut away the peel and pith of 2 of the oranges. Working over a medium bowl, cut along both sides of each orange segment, releasing the segments into the bowl.
4. Juice the remaining orange and add the juice to the bowl along with the radicchio, pecans, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
5. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the trout with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook skin-side down first, in batches, until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
6. Serve the trout over the rice. Top with the orange mixture and sprinkle with the chives.