Quick and Tasty Octopus
• One 4-6 lb. whole, clean flower octopus
• Olive oil
• Your favorite seasonings
1. Defrost the frozen octopus in your refrigerator overnight.
2. In a large stock pot, boil enough water to cover the entire octopus.
3. Add the octopus to the boiling water. Reduce heat to low-medium. Simmer the octopus for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the octopus from the water and let it cool for 15 minutes.
5. Slice the body into small pieces, about 1/2 –inch wide. If the legs are thick, slice them in half longways.
6. Heat three tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sliced octopus and simmer for about 1 ½-2 minutes per side.
7. Add your favorite seasonings to the octopus in the skillet: Old Bay Seasoning, garlic, or just salt and pepper!
8. Serve immediately (or refrigerate and add to a salad later).